HILLS OF SAN FRANCISCO
Buena Vista West (street) looking north
Perched above and between the Haight - Ashbury district and Corona Heights.
Buena Vista Park was originally known as Hill Park and was reserved by the City in 1867 as part of the Outside Lands. Its summit is 569 feet above sea level and the park covers 36.5 acres.
John McLaren, "patriarch" of Golden Gate Park oversaw the plantings, some of which were seedlings donated by Adolph Sutro planted by school children on Arbor Day.
Big views from steep slopes are lined with numerous fine examples of Baroque, Victorian and Mediterranean architecture.
"Connections and Results"